About Me

My photo
I'm as free as I want to be. Rantings, stories and useless poetry... that's what I write and I don't care if nobody reads them.

Counting 1-2-3

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Caution:15th Flr Robinsons Bank Bldg. Ortigas, Pasig /15th Flr. Octagon Bldg. Ortigas, Pasig


Source: Caricature


I'm a bit creep out yesterday when someone suddenly called me from my cellphone saying that he is from an American owned company and they're hiring people right now for an administrative position. Well... at least that was his opening statement that kind a caught my interest. It just so happened that I am currently still looking for a job and since I'm hoping someone would actually call me (due to me sending my resume to different NGOs) is a good thing.

So we kind a talked for like 3 minutes or so and he went like this:

Hi, is this Jhemarie Bernas? You are Jhemarie Bernas? Ok.. I got your number from the St. Benilde's Alumni page. Are you currently working for any company at this moment? We would like to actually set you on an appointment on our office so we could discuss this more clearly. OK lang ba sayo un? Pwede ka ba pumunta dito sa office namin sa 15th Flr. Robinsons Bank Bldg. Ortigas, Pasig? Isisingit kita sa schedule ko ng around 3pm. By the way, this is Sam M. Do. Just look for me once you reached the place. Please be sure to be there... I expect you to be very professional... you'll be on time naman siguro nu? Please also wear a corporate attire ok?

Well... that's mostly how the conversation went... I kind a answered yes and no to most of the questions.

He sounded a bit off... I asked questions for him to further elaborate the details but he seemed to want to cut the conversation short. I also kind a thought on why can't he just text me the address so I could get it all right...

I was a bit overwhelmed and it kind a got my hopes up.
But since I got to run off somewhere just after the conversation... I wasn't really focused...

It was when I replayed the conversation in my head that I realized he got it all wrong... I sensed that something is just not right.

I experienced a sudden phone interview from John Clements so I kind a compared them.

I mean you just got to start with the NAME OF THE COMPANY! And then introduce yourself and your position... and then the small details would follow. Also, I was the one who first contacted John Clements... and this call from Mr. Do (or whoever he is) just came from nowhere.

When I got home I immediately researched the place... I thought that I just didn't heard the name of the company, so I could probably just type the address and something would actually come up.
I was so freaked out when these links showed up:

15th Flr. Octagon Bldg. San Miguel Ave. Ortigas, Pasig City

The 26th floor Trafalgar Plaza story

I got totally freaked out... So I decided to ditch it all together...
I don't know if it's a real scam or so... but more or less the blogs and testimonies that I've been reading stated that I had the same experience as they did.

I've researched further and I found out that Nu Skin Enterprise is the one occupying the place... the "positive reviews" came from this blog: Nu Skin Enterprise

Though here are my thoughts ok:
I don't know if it's really a scam... however, one would really suspect that something fishy is going on due to:
(1) It's an international company who doesn't have the best HRs? As in HRs who doesn't know how to properly introduce themselves and their company? An out of order sequencing for a phone interview with the most vital thing missing... the company name! I wouldn't know it's Nu Skin Enterprise without me searching it through the internet... ahm.. duh, I'm not impressed. *strike!*. Also... what company sets appointments at around 3pm-6pm? I mean rarely would companies do that right?

(2) I always believe that satisfied people would not spread rumors as creepy and as image damaging as this for a supposedly "international company". It would leave you wondering... if it's as good as some said it is (or at least one person's blog)... then why is it that in comparison there are more who were outraged and would even go to a point of warning off people?

I'll let you people decide.. but count me out of it. I wouldn't risk it... besides, I'm not up for a job to sell products...

1 comment:

  1. Actually, may mga ganyan din tumatawag sa akin nung fresh grad ako, mga hindi kilalang companies pero nakuha nila number ko because of the alumni association sa school namin. Hindi na rin ako magtataka kasi sa guidance namin may mga list ng companies na link sa school namin and ayun nakita ko naman siya.

    ReplyDelete