About Me

My photo
I'm as free as I want to be. Rantings, stories and useless poetry... that's what I write and I don't care if nobody reads them.

Counting 1-2-3

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My two faces (original short narration)

I have two faces.

One was part of the past, the other impart with the present and maybe of the days to come.

My face in the past needs no glittering colors. The other faces that surrounded me gave their

trust and loyalty. They believe to the things that I can do. They make me a shepherd and I

tried to be a good one. They know the times when I cry both of joy and sorrow. My face before

has no wrinkles nor blackheads. It's pure. Both of wrath, loneliness and sorrow. There was

one time when I tried to change that face towards them. They resent it, urging me to go back

to the same old face I carry. They look up to me, they appriciate me... and their words are

always true, no hypocracy can be hinted. I miss wearing that face... a face part of my past.


My other face which I carry to day and who knows when will it end, has lots of make-up from
the forehead to the very jawline. With eyes marked with black underlinings, with the eyelids

painted with different colors for each different days..., with cheeks tinted with round red shape,

and with lips pinkish and shimmering. All these I put to my face that's once so pure to cover

the old one, just like what most insects do, put some color and the one being threaten

becomes threatened. Thus, unconsciously, the new faces that surrounds me condemned me.

It's not like I want to be condemned, it's just that I am afraid of them... I cannot distinguish the

heartfelt praise to a deceitful verbose compliment.


I want things the way they were. But I know that can only be possible in dreams... dreams

that hunts me at night when I wear the same old face,... of pureness and happiness... with a

little morning glory at my eyes both due to joy and sadness.



No comments:

Post a Comment